APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 19, 2023 by 5:00pm
The David Viancourt Memorial Scholarship was established to honor the memory of David J. Viancourt. Mr. Viancourt spent his career caring for the elderly as the administrator of various skilled nursing facilities, serving as the administrator of Twilight Haven for over 20 years. His goal was to provide a safe and loving environment for those in his care. He learned early in his career that if you treat your employees well and with respect, it translates into them providing their patients with good, quality care.
He was a big believer in continuing education and after serving in the Air Force for 10 years, he returned to Fresno State to obtain his Bachelor of Science degree, graduating with honors. Many years later, while working full-time, he returned to school again and obtained a Master’s degree from the University of San Francisco. He loved to learn!
Mr. Viancourt always encouraged his employees to continue learning and to prepare for their next job. He provided financial assistance and/or rewards for those who chose to go back to school. Many times who sought more training were promoted to internal positions but he did not realize that there were those who had outgrown his facility and needed a new place to work and to apply their new skills. When this occurred, they left with his blessing and remained part of his life. He had a passion for education and for developing his employees.
The David Viancourt Memorial Scholarship aims to aid students of any age who need financial aid to assist them in furthering their education at a community college, state college, or vocational school.
Applications should be emailed to Kferg@comcast.net
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for the David Viancourt Memorial Scholarship:
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited high school or have a GED;
- Applicants must be enrolled as full- or part-time students;
- Applicants must be working toward their undergraduate degree or be enrolled in a vocational trade school.
- Preference may be given to the following three groups, however these conditions are not guarantees of the receipt of a scholarship award:
- Students who are current or former employees of Twilight Haven, Masten Towers, Glen Agnes, Delno Terraces, or TAT Management;
- Children of employees or former employees of the above facilities;
- Adults returning to school and single parents.
- Military Veterans
The scholarship committee will judge each application in a nondiscriminatory and objective manner. The following details the criteria the committee will use to evaluation applications:
- Applicant’s demonstrated financial need;
- Applicant’s demonstrated personal character.
Recipients of the David Viancourt Memorial Scholarship must utilize their award within 1 year of receiving it.
Approximately 4-5 scholarships will be awarded each year. The maximum amount per award is $3000. Each award is divided into equal, separate payments over two semesters.