Since 1966, the Central Valley Community Foundation has been a trusted partner in philanthropy. As the only accredited community foundation in the region, we drive strategic investments and offer best-in-class charitable tools to connect donors to the causes they care most about. As a philanthropic financial institution with $140 Million in assets under management, we partner with the community and multiply every dollar for big, measurable change.
The Central Valley:
We connect capital and communities for a just and thriving Central Valley.
Our culture is built around our values:
- Loving Our Valley—We care about this place and our common future. We cherish the people who live here and our civic spaces, neighborhoods, and environment.
- Thinking Big—We shoot for the moon. We tackle our Valley’s biggest problems with optimism, focus, enthusiasm, and persistence.
- Continuous Improvement—We are a learning organization. We listen, evaluate, explore, and adapt.
- Opportunity and Fairness—We stand for equitable opportunity and transforming systems to correct inequity in our communities.
- Power Parity—We create an environment where everyone builds, shares, and exercises power.
- Trustworthiness—We do what we say we are going to do.
- Relationships—We are empathetic and respectful. We collaborate. We listen for understanding, and we communicate with courage.
- Grace and Humor—We assume the best of one another. We laugh and have fun because this stuff is hard.
About our Logo
Our logo expresses and emphasizes the strength of our Valley and the Foundation’s vision, mission, and impact.
- Our place. The landscape design (sun, sky, horizon, field) and colors represent the Valley and why so many have come here to work and prosper.
- Our vision. Equity (the equal sign) is at the center of all we do. We believe an equitable society supports true transformation—of systems, communities and lives—and spans generations.
- Our mission. The Foundation is continuously evolving to navigate complex systems and find new ways to connect communities and capital for a just and thriving Central Valley.
- Our impact. The circle represents interconnectedness and long lasting change.
- Our strength. The brick pattern illustrates our ability to empower communities and rebuild the Central Valley.
The Foundation is the only accredited community foundation located in California’s Central Valley
The Foundation maintains its accreditation under the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations, which, in the words of the accreditation program, “represents a community foundation’s commitment to going above and beyond federal and state requirements to demonstrate accountability and excellence to communities, policymakers, and the public.” The rigorous accreditation process involves peer and expert review of over 100 checkpoints for operational excellence and best practices in mission, structure, governance, resource development, stewardship, accountability, grantmaking, and donor relations.
Memberships & Accreditations
Council on Foundations
The Central Valley Community Foundation is a member of the Council on Foundations, an association of more than 2,100 grantmaking organizations and corporations who work to create an environment where the philanthropy movement can grow and thrive.
League of California Community Foundations
The Central Valley Community Foundation is a member of the League of California Community Foundations, a partnership of community foundations across the state of California.
Guidestar by Candid
Guidestar by Candid provides profiles in an extensive database of U.S. nonprofit companies, including financials, leadership, mission, and more.
Our Guidestar Report:
The National Standards Seal indicates official confirmation from the Council on Foundations that we have met the most rigorous standards in philanthropy. It affirms our commitment to financial security, transparency, accountability, effective grantmaking, and honoring donors’ wishes.